Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ebay gift shopping for relatives in Australia

    The pretty vintage tin I bought for my Sydney-dwelling sister-in-law on Ebay
    If you've got friends or relatives abroad - especially in Australia, as I have - you'll relate to the pain I have finding presents for them. Amazon doesn't generally reach that far and - surprisingly - while some of the city's best shops have great websites, loads have no online shopping facility. What a wasted opportunity - don't they realise how many ex-pat Poms need presents?

    You can of course buy stuff here and post it - but it's limiting: I have often wound up spending more on postage than giftage. Fortunately, my Aussie sisters-in-law have good taste in the interiors department and I hope (though perhaps they're just being polite) like a nice homey present. But after trawling vintage stores, design boutiques and kitchenalia emporiums in Sydney - and being thwarted by their semi-active web presences, I remembered Ebay Australia. Eureka!

    So far I've bought new-old French linen tea-towels for one birthday, though due to minimal package documentation it caused great confusion, arriving, so it seemed, from a mystery gifter. So yesterday I was delighted to chance upon Adeline Country Cottage, run by a Melbournite called Kirstie, who sells pretty, pre-loved vintage homey bits and pieces (I bought a sweet rose-printed storage tin, above top). But the best bit? Stylish gift-wrapping (including a label, see above) is included. What a service! If only everyone else in the business would catch on... even without the lovely wrapping. Until then I'll probably keep Adeline well bookmarked. Thanks Kirstie!

Post Title

Ebay gift shopping for relatives in Australia


Post URL

https://asfers.blogspot.com/2010/08/ebay-gift-shopping-for-relatives-in.html


Visit Creative Blogspot for Daily Updated Creative Blogspot Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive